Daily Trail Rides
Saddle up and explore some of the most spectacular scenery in the desert southwest! Rugged canyons, petrified sand dunes, the cool, shallow, waters of the historic Rio Grande… and pretty much everything in between. We’re just a hop, skip and a jump from Albuquerque and we’re open 365 days a year.
- Canyon Rides: Depart twice daily, at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Cost per rider is $65 for the one hour ride. (You may choose to ride longer. Cost is $35 per hour after the first hour.)
- Indian Hills Rides: One or two hour rides around historic and scenic San Acacia. Cost per rider is $65 for the one hour ride. (You may choose to ride longer. Cost is $35 per hour after the first hour.)
- River Rides – Warm Season Only – Depart at 1:30. Cost, per rider, is $90 for the 1st hour and $45 for the 2nd hour. Two hour minimum time. Plan to get splashed! Bringing a change of dry clothing is recommended.
- Sunset Rides: Depending upon the length of your ride, we depart either one or two hours before sunset. Cost per rider is $65 for the one hour ride. (You may choose to ride longer. Cost is $35 per hour for the second hour.)
- Full Moon Rides: Depart one hour before sunset, the 4 nights preceding the full moon. Cost is $155 per rider. The night of the full moon cost is $175 per rider.
- White Sands National Monument – Advanced, Expert Riders Only – Pack your lunch; this is full day adventure! Departing at 9 a.m. and returning early evening. Cost varies, $160 – $190, depending upon number of riders and length of the ride.
- High Mountain Adventure Rides: Pack your lunch; this is a day long adventure! You’ll be in the saddle approximately 4 – 5 hours enjoying spectacular mountain scenery. Cost is $175 per rider.
Owned and operated by Dacodah Herkenhoff, a life-long horseman, trainer and farrier, Acacia Riding Adventures is a full-service stables offering Daily Trail Rides for horse lovers of all ages and skill levels. You’re never too young, or too old, to enjoy time in the saddle with our very well-trained horses. In addition to trail rides, we offer horse boarding, horse training, and riding lessons for you and your children. We coordinate exciting, full day adventures into the high country and down to a magical area in southern New Mexico, called the White Sands National Monument. Every September, we host a 5-day riding adventure in partnership with the Chihenne Ranch Lodge in the Gila Wilderness area, near Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. And, we work with autistic children. You might be surprised to discover that horses are good medicine for kids with special needs. But, when you get right down to it, horses are good medicine for everyone! Call (575.517.0477) to schedule your own Wild West Adventure! Because the view is always better on a horse.™